Friday, April 15, 2011

Final Tolkien Friday Class *Sigh*

Well...it is finally official...the semester is ending and that means the official end of my college career! I will be graduating May 9th...I'm still in shock, it is one of those circumstances where you know that it will end eventually, but when the end finally arrives you are surprised that it is here...(no matter how long you've been in school!)

I was looking forward to the very last Tolkien class today. I was greatly anticipating the conversation about Beren and Luthien. (Awesome story) and to my shock, disappointment and uncertain happiness the class was cancelled. *sigh* I was happy just because it was a knee-jerk reaction for any senior to celebrate when they hear a class has been cancelled, even if it is a class that they enjoy! As soon as I expressed my happiness I was immediately ashamed and to be honest sad. It hit me that there would be know more awesome discussions about J.R.R. Tolkien and that my awesome class for the semester had actually come to a 'faster than the speed of light' end. It never fails that the classes you don't want to end, end way too soon and the ones you want to end, take forever to get everything finalized.

Now the only thing left for me to do with my Tolkien class is take the final (which is open book and online) and then finish up my 12 page paper on Gollum! I've thoroughly enjoyed the class and even if you can't tell it from my ramblings on this blog...I've learned a lot...

Until Next Time *My Precious*
XOXO,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment